Prohibitionists depend on a lack of conscious thought and sweeping generalizations. Here’s someone who took the impossible notion of “drug-free” even a step further…
“We’re trying to show the positive side of not using substances. You can be as cool as the band leader and not use substances.”
- That which has mass and occupies space; matter.
- A material of a particular kind or constitution.
- Essential nature; essence.
- Gist; heart.
- That which is solid and practical in character, quality, or importance: a plan without substance.
- Density; body: Air has little substance.
- Material possessions; goods; wealth: a person of substance.
Good luck in your quest to not use substances.
The truth, of course, is that the world is filled with an infinite number of substances and we’re using them constantly. And, as far as I can tell, every one is both potentially beneficial and potentially harmful depending on how they are used.